Thursday

Movie Wednesday: 5 Movies I Recently Saw and What I Think.

Welcome back! There was a three day public holiday here and i didn't even get one day off!
It's all good though. It gave me the opportunity to keep the show light and one of the things we did this week was talk about movies.

I asked callers on my show on Tuesday what the last movie they saw was and it got me thinking about the last couple movies i saw.

Here we go.

Grease


Grease is a 1978 American musical romantic comedy film directed by Randal Kleiser and i totally love it. I could watch it over and over again, i have all the songs in my head, and will sing along and dance. If you happen to be sitting beside me, i will just start telling you the entire plot. I love it that much. 

Fun fact: Olivia Newton-John who played 'Sandy' in Grease was in her 30s when she played the role of a teenager. And oh my! John Travolta was beautiful back then.


Deadpool
Official poster shows the titular hero Deadpool standing in front of the viewers, with hugging his hands, and donning his traditional black and red suit and mask, and the film's name, credits and billing below him.

For those who are yet to see it, Deadpool is another Marvel Superhero film. The film stars Ryan Reynolds (who also co-produced), and other stars like T.J. Miller and Brianna Hildebrand.

Did i like it? Yes, i would watch it again, because it is really funny, and has some great fight scenes.
However, while i do love Ryan, this is not for me, his best movie.


Talvar
TalvarFilmPoster.jpg


Talvar is an Indian film, 'Talvar' actually means 'sword' in English. The movie was released in 2015, directed by Meghna Gulzar and written by Vishal Bharadwaj. It stars irrfhan Khan, Tabu and a few other heavyweights.

I first watched 'Talvar', it was on a long flight. I'd seen everything else so i was like, okay let's do this. I was enthralled from the get go. 

It's a murder mystery and when it started, I didn't know it was based on a true story but watching it to the end made me want to Google and see what had actually happened. Really sad.

Basically, a young girl is killed and suspects range from her parents to some servants and more. Within the police force itself, there were differing opinions as to who did it and the truth is actually sad! 



The Great Gambler




Another Indian action thriller film. It was released as far back as 1979. 

I first saw it as a kid, and then watched it again recently. And guess what?  The huge crush i had on Amitabh Bachan was still there, after so many years. I think it will be there forever.

The movie is really old, but i will be watching it again soon, since i slept through it this time.



Rebel Without A Cause
Rebel without a cause432.jpg

Rebel Without a Cause is a 1955 American drama film about emotionally confused suburban, middle-class teenagers. One of the classics. Really old, 1955 is as old as it gets.

Yet, i decided to watch it recently because it kept appearing in almost every must watch movie list and i kept hearing about James Dean, the lead actor. 

While i could not connect as much to this, i could still see why it was a big deal back then. 


So there you have it. What movies have you seen recently and what are your thoughts on them? Share in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...