Wednesday

#TBDaily x #OnlyTheBest There are mosquitoes in Mauritius and other cool Day 2 stories!

This post has to start with that revelation.

When you get on a plane in Naija, you assume you're leaving traffic, NEPA and yes, MOSQUITOES behind. I got bitten by two mosquitoes yesterday, or the same mosquito bit me twice. Either way, it was an interesting welcome. It could not however overshadow the main Welcome Dinner- a Night of a Thousand Stars. First off was the Walk of Fame with our names in stars...


Then there was the paparazzi screaming my name and scrambling to take my picture. A selfie here and an autograph there (ok fine I was just giving my email address out) and I was up for a great night.
Read more about that here- A Night of Stars as Multichoice launches biggest Content Showcase
Banky W and Ramsey Nouah at the Dinner

Even the food was for #OnlyTheBest

Red Carpet Beach Side 

Had to take a quick selfie with Banky W


I ended up crashing early because I knew the next day would be a long, fun one.

Theo Erasmus, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, Tim Jacobs and David Booth

Breakfast, check! Then we had a Multichoice Roundtable where people had various questions like why there's no Pay Per View, how come GoTV was not available in certain countries, why Supersport had moved to a premium bouquet in others and more. 

Considering that I had been remarking with my friends from Kenya that we (Nigerians) don't seem to know what goes on in Kenya, it was nice to hear from Multichoice that they will look into making content from one region available in all (eg, East African Content). Amen. Amen. Amen.

We had lunch, bumped into the stars like Stonebwoy and Basketmouth, then went off for Sony TV's take on the Amazing Race.
Naija Meets Ghana! Stonebwoy

My bandanna indicated I was in Team Red; not a bad team to be in. The race involved downloading an app, answering a question, getting the clue then going off! I ran past Korede Bello at some point but I had my eye on the prize. Did i win? Find out here- Sony TV takes us on an Amazing Race!

Not the first time i have been in a Team Red!

Running but had to take a picture of Korede Bello


I did win a Mojito though!

*sigh*
This Nigerian dey carry last o. Or at least almost.

I'm back in my room resting now after a session with Supersport (Caroline moderated and she was so good!). 

Join me here tomorrow for what else I'm getting up to but get instant details via my social media- 'tosynbucknor'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...