Friday

#ShopTosyn My first week of Monochrome

Hello,

So last week I dug up some jackets and rocked a fabulous jacket week.
This week I played with black, and white.


Honestly, I thought it would be fun but it was a bit of a struggle. For one, the way I had the looks in my head didn't play out, and I guess I'm so casual that colour is a saving grace for me.
Nevertheless I stuck with it and had fun.

Monday was a simple black dress in ode to the #LBD. Tuesday I went 'gangster' as a colleague put it while Wednesday saw me with some baggy pants. I wore a skirt on Thursday (shock!horror!) then flipped things with an #LWD (Little White Dress) today (Friday).


My Favourite Day: Friday surprisingly because the one I thought wouldn't work, popped!
Least Favourite Day: Wednesday. The proportions weren't great
What I Learnt: Monochrome looks great but get contrasts right and o, cheat lightly with a dash of colour. Eg, black, white and red.

My Tips
1. Start with one of the colours then layer/offset with the other

2. Break it up in fun way, eg, your hair and neck accessories

3. Use patterns like polka dots, stripes etc for a cute or fun take on the look and keep it plain if it's more for the office or something formal.


Got any votes for what I should try next?



No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...